Tuesday, May 4, 2010

10 Things I Learned About Wine (From My Three-Year-Old Son)


1. It’s mama's!

2. It tastes yummy!

3. It smells like wine.

4. Gold, sparkly labels are pretty.

5. You can visit a lot more wineries after a good nap.

6. Swirling and sniffing is fun, even with a glass of water (try it!).

7. Two wine bottles fit perfectly in the child-sized shopping carts at Market of Choice and Trader Joes.

8. Corks might taste really good when you put them in your mouth, but they are indeed a choking hazard.

9. If you drank water and juice all day, you would never have a hangover.

10. Wine pops!

Until we sip again…

Cheers!

9 comments:

Josh said...

Funny! You're good at these lists. P.S. your boy is so adorable.

Josh

Sip with Me! said...

Thanks, we all need to lighten things up from time to time. For me, levity = sanity! Glad you enjoyed and I appreciate the comment!!

Brian said...

Too fun! How old is the boy? Mine's going to be 2 this month!

-->fun pic on my wife's blog http://mkwing.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Brian

Sip with Me! said...

Thanks Brian, the boy was 3 in February. He's a total blast!

Sip with Me! said...

Oh yeah, Brian, those are very cool pics indeed!!

B8wine said...

Your son is so cute! The picture reminds me of when I was a kid, and my grandma used to pour me a drop of Trebbiano in my glass of water while having dinner.

Scott Abernethy (Wino4ever) said...

Loved the list, but the picture is precious! I have a pic of my granddaughter that would go very well with this one!

Sip with Me! said...

B8 & Scott, thanks visiting my blog and for your comments! B8, the Italians knew how healthy a little red wine everyday is long before science did, and they knew how to keep the kids quiet!

I wish Shayden would actually let me take a photo of him these days, he's gone totally camera-shy. I've had to sneak these last two, and barely got those!!

Michelle said...

...what a cute idea & pic :)
oy, the hangovers to come...