Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks for Free Wine


As corks are being popped all over the country, and toasts are being made by grateful people everywhere, it’s important to take a moment to recognize wine’s rightful place at the holiday table. When one raises their glass on Thanksgiving and speaks to what they’re most thankful for—their health, their family and friends, the bounty of food at the ready—they wouldn’t be making that toast without the wine that’s in their glass

Ok, it’s not apple pie, and it’s not even Amercian, but really, what wine pairs better with a food holiday than one whose name literally means a gathering of close friends over casual fare (Tapeña = tapas + peña)? And since these wines are Spanish, you can drink them with pride, knowing the first Thanksgiving holiday celebrated in the U.S. was actually by Spanish settlers in Florida in the year 1565 (not Plymouth, as you may have learned in school). 

Rooted in tradition, and a blend of camaraderie and good taste, Tapeña wines are food-, people- and wallet-friendly. Priced at $9.99, you’ll find their Tempranillo, Garnacha, Verdejo and Rosé available for purchase in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. And nothing says dig in to your holiday dinner better than Tapeña, the wine with the little fork on the label.

So, in honor of the bottle, and in thanks for your readership, I’ve created this fun contest and a chance for you to win a whole collection of Tapeña wines as well as some other cool swag (think cookbook, corkscrews wine charms…) that will have you speaking Spanish in no time… or at least saying “gracias”.

Simply add a comment to this blogpost by Sunday, November 27th about what you’re most thankful for and I’ll select the lucky winner at random, announcing the results on Monday, November 28th (sorry kiddies, you must be 21 or over to enter).  

THEN (if you so desire):
Visit the Tapeña website for delicious recipe ideas, useful trivia, Spanish music downloads or even to learn how to pick up a woman like a real Latin lover (seriously!). Join Tapeña on their Facebook page, follow them on Twitter, check out their blog and don’t miss their awesome customer rewards program!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

24 comments:

Wendy said...

This year, I'm most thankful for the newly-refreshed health of my dog, and for all the people who worked so hard and did so much to help him get rid of his brain tumor. So, thankful for him, for my husband, for the canine neurologist, for all the vets and vet techs, for my mom, my grandpa (rest in peace) who always wanted to be a vet, for all my family, for everyone who prayed for him him (and us), and for the absolutely incredible research that's going on to come up with vaccines to combat cancers.

Sip with Me! said...

I'm feeling all veklempt. I'm thankful for your comment Wendy and to hear you have more time with your best friend; good luck to you and cheers to your pooch!!

Jack Colby said...

Im thankful that I can enjoy and appreciate good wine! This way I not only get to enjoy the benefits of ethonal but apprieciate who did the hard work to make it so lovely and enjoyable.

Vince K said...

I'm thankful for being able to be grateful for my present life and not dwell on my past misfortunes.

Sip with Me! said...

Thanks for your comments Jack and Vince, it's healthy to pause and think about all the great things in our lives, no? I'll drink to both to ethanol and not dwelling on the past. Think winning thoughts!!

Laura said...

I'm thankful for my three childen who fill my days with joy - and for the fact that our new cellar is nearly finished!

Anonymous said...

This year, I'm thankful for my community of friends and family. Not only is my support network a genuinely inspiring set of people, but they have also been causes and company for wonderful wine nights!

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for everyone in Oregon and worldwide who works so hard to make good wine!

Regina said...

I am most thankful that I am surrounded by a wonderful family and the best friends that anyone could ask for. In this economy, a lot of people are struggling, BUT we have each other to make the best of the situation and to help us get to a time where we can struggle less and enjoy just a bit more. In the meantime, we are working on enjoying with a little bit less that we may have had in the past.

Nubian said...

I have so much to be thankful for, but if there is one thing that stands out this year is that I am thankful for the progression of stem cell research. Due to this my husband, who joined Be The Match, was a 1 in 9 million match to a 23 year old girl with leukemia. He was able to donate his stem cells to save her life. I am also incredibly blessed and thankful for a husband who was willing to go through this long treatment, never once complaining. I am registered on Be The Match and hopefully one day will be able to save a life as well.

Josh Wade said...

I am most thankful for a loving God, supportive friends and an encouraging family. Through all the success and opportunities for growth this year, they have been there every step of the way.

Josh

MartyJGardner said...

I am grateful for all the people who dedicate themselves to making wine that is true to the place in which they nurture their vines and that they call home.

Monica said...

I am most thankful for having a wonderful, loving, and supportive family and friends. I am thankful for what each of them, individually, bring into my life.

Kim Gertler said...

Give thanks for the incredible and varied human skills and labour that turn nature's bounty into a single bottle of wine - a vessel that provides the perfect expression of our gratitude in a toast.

Lisa L said...

I am entirely grateful and thankful that I was able to find a job upon graduating college, and it is one that I absolutely love. Not many people can say that, especially in recent years, so I know that I am very lucky.

Sip with Me! said...

This has been a real gift to me. Thank you all for your thoughtful entries, you've all moved me and helped me feel extra appreciative for all life's wonderful gifts. Wine, family, friends, pets, health, good fortune, love, satisfaction.

Good luck! You're all winners in my book!

wanda543 said...

I am thankful that I have a job, and that my family is all together and has had good health this year.

Mando said...

I'm most thankful for my home and my stable job.

Sip with Me! said...

Thanks to everyone for their participation and the answers that reminded me about appreciation. While I wish I could give wine to everyone who entered, cause you're all winners in my book, alas there is just one wine package for one lucky person.

Congratulations to JuliaUncorked who was randomly selected to win the Tapena wine package. I think I see a Tapena wine night in your future! Please contact me with your shipping information and stop by and visit my blog again soon!

Josh Wade said...

I want a recount :)

Sip with Me! said...

Lol Josh, as if you need more free wine?!!

I assure you, it was all on the up and up. I even contracted with an unbiased person (my four-year-old son) to select the winner for me so I could be sure I wouldn't jeopardize the contest.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sip with Me! said...

Julia, where are you??

JuliaUncorked has not got in touch with me to claim her fabulous wine prize. I've left a note on her blog, but can't find her email. She has until Friday, December 9th to contact me or I will have to pick a new winner.

Sip with Me! said...

Congrats to Jack Colby, winner by default!! Watch for a great wine package from Tapena Wines coming your way! Merry Christmas and enjoy!!