Monday, February 6, 2012

Understanding Social Media Through Wine



Call it Social Media 101, and probably not for the advanced user. With so many choices out there, navigating your way through the various social media channels, and trying to figure out which is most appropriate for you, can be more difficult than a non-TV watcher trying to decipher a cable TV guide (what exactly is the OXYGN channel anyway?). With a virtual web to get tangled up in, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, so I've attempted to make social media more relatable to the average wine drinker by breaking down each medium into its more simplistic form.  Hope it helps some!


Twitter: This is the wine I'm drinking tonight… #WIYG

Facebook: Wine = Love

YouTube: Here's a video of me tasting and talking about the wine I'm drinking.

LinkedIn: This is where I work in the wine industry.

Pinterest: In addition to wine, I talk about a lot of other interesting stuff too, here's the photos to prove it.

Klout: Talking about wine and stuff earns me points (hence significance) here.

Instagram: This is an artsy photo of the wine I'm drinking.

Blog: My very personal diary of wine consumption. See, I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a wine blogger.

Google+: I'm drinking this wine tonight and I love it and here's a photo of it. I don't post on here much, but will once Facebook starts charging for access.

FourSquare: I'm tasting wine at this winery/restaurant right now.

Wiki: Everything you ever wanted to know (or didn't want to know) about wine and myriad other topics but were afraid to ask.

2 comments:

The Sediment Blog said...

Re: Wiki

Think this entry should begin with "False, misinformed, erroneous or speculative answers to…"

The Sediment Blog

Wine Novice1 said...

HAHA! I literally laughed out loud. Great post!!